Welcome!

Here I will attempt to keep a journal of things learned - or at least experienced - along the way on this journey called life.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lent - Winding Down

It's Maundy Thursday. The day of the Last Supper. We're winding down. For a minute, I thought 'cool, it's almost here'. Then I remembered what 'it' was... It's sad - the beating, the crucifixion, the dying... We have to go through all that to get to Sunday - the good part. The awakening, the resurrecting, the redemption - the joy.

I remember a drama I saw in church once, where the devil was running around all creepy like in a black hood, jingling his keys - and the narrator kept saying - it's Friday - but Sunday's coming. Maybe it's a Carman song. Yeah, I think so.

Anyway, it's been good to read the devotionals, to (attempt to) be mindful of what this season means.

Tomorrow I get to attend a Good Friday Service and a Seder (a traditional Jewish passover meal). I think there will be meat at the Seder, but it's ok, it's the last night, and we will be remembering Jesus's last meal. I have never attended a Seder before, and I've always wanted to. I could go to my Jewish friend's family's but it's on Saturday and I'd miss church, so I will have to try for next year.

Here's a quote from Bob Goff - that man knows a lot about love:
@bobgoff If someone were planning to kill me, I wouldn't have my last dinner with them. Love somehow does.

God is good. This week has been trying, but I know that He is faithful, and I know that Sunday's coming.

Amen and amen,
t.

No comments:

Post a Comment