Welcome!

Here I will attempt to keep a journal of things learned - or at least experienced - along the way on this journey called life.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Avett Inspired

OK, I know I'm supposed to be working... I'm just feeling a little 'off'.  Not sure why, maybe it's an illness, maybe just plain tired.  Complete lack of energy.  So I was surfing...
 
I ran across this article by Scott Avett today.  (Oh yeah, I'm a huge fan.  I feel like you can tell alot about people from their lyrics - and wow - a whole article!  He IS cool like I thought he was!  Here's proof. )

There's also a sermon by his grandfather, and a review of his book of sermons. 

http://museandspirit.org/winter2010.html

This takes you to the table of contents, and you have to click on the articles.  I dig it.  I thought my artist and musician friends might as well...

I love this quote from the book review "There are people who have many masks but no face of their own" - Rev. Clegg Avett

~~~
We came for salvation
We came for family
We came for all that's good that's how we'll walk away
We came to break the bad
We came to cheer the sad
We came to leave behind the world a better way
- The Avett Brothers 'Salvation Song'

No comments:

Post a Comment