Welcome!

Here I will attempt to keep a journal of things learned - or at least experienced - along the way on this journey called life.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Another Point of View

Or is it?  This article is rather lengthy, but such good stuff.  I have strived for these exact same things - only with different terminology.  What they call 'the Divine', we call God.  Namaste - another way to say love, grace, acceptance.  


http://www.yesyoucanchangetheworld.com/info/namaste


Everything is connected - I really believe that.  There is a paragraph in this article that speaks exactly to what we've been learning in the TrueFaced study.  This sounds so much like the realm of Pleasing God, rather than Trusting God.  It speaks of beginning to act out of pure love and compassion, rather than a learned script of actions.
 
We get so focused on doing and thinking that we don't see the Divine that is right before us..."I think the reason we want to learn what to do and what to think is that doing so makes us feel safe. It gives us a sense of control. If someone gives me a 'proven' process or a step-by-step formula, it feels a lot easier, a lot more accessible, a lot more achievable."

If God is trying to teach me something, it comes at me in many different ways until I get it.  Or, he simply speaks in a way that I will understand.  I was taught all of my life that Eastern religions were wrong, and we should run from them in the same way we run from witchcraft.  I'm just not seeing it.  Everything in this article makes sense to me.  Nothing I've heard in my yoga class is anti-Christ.  In fact - it's brought me closer to God, by reminding me to be quiet, and listen, and pray.

I know only 2 or 3 people actually read this, but I welcome comme
nts.  I would really like to know if I'm getting way out there, or if it makes sense to you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment