Welcome!

Here I will attempt to keep a journal of things learned - or at least experienced - along the way on this journey called life.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday, Monday.

OK, it's Monday - it's been exactly one week since I started this blog.  I think I'll make Monday blog-day.  It'll make it something to look forward to...

I don't know why but today I feel all warm and full of love and joy.  I had been sick, cold, and getting old and run down and what-not, but today I just feel good and hopeful and peaceful.  It's so much better this way.

This weekend was a lot of family time, and it was good. 
I got to hang out with Katharine and Shiloh and Kelsey on Saturday.  They're like the 3 Musketeers.  Or the Trinity - they're all kinda the same, yet distinctly different.
Destanee Night at the Stockton Thunder Hockey Game.  Destanee is my ex's niece - she died in June when she was hit by a drunk driver.  She loved the Thunder games, so her mom got over 100 people together to go in her memory.  It was pretty cool.

I'm watching a movie right now called In Her Shoes with Cameron Diaz.  It's really good.  Or I'm really sappy...  She's reading a poem at her sister's wedding (which is at a Jamaican Restaurant complete with Bob Marley songs) by ee cummings:

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)

i want no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) 


I love it.  I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I don't really have any original ideas - I just like repeating things that are really cool or heartfelt or profound. 

Peace. The End.

Oh wait.  I went to Yoga today.  That was really cool, too.  Amen.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment