Welcome!

Here I will attempt to keep a journal of things learned - or at least experienced - along the way on this journey called life.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

# 3

So - this week's post will be a little early - since I've been messing with my computer all weekend.  I don't really know how this blogging is supposed to work.  Should I know what I'm going to say before I say it?  Should I have an outline?  (fat chance)
Thanksgiving was really good and peaceful.  I forgot to pray!  It was at my house, and I've really been in a contemplative and grateful mood lately, and I was thinking I wouldn't feel weird, and I would just pray a prayer of thanks from my heart - and then I just spaced it with getting everyone instructions on how to get their food and all.  Then I felt weird when I did remember... (sigh...)  I can write it here.
What I am thankful for:
Both of my parents had surgery this year and are fine and healthy now.
Shiloh was born this year.
Katharine started pre-school.
(maybe this seems like an end-of-year list, but I don't care - I was thinking how happy I will be when this year is over, so I decided to make a list of things I'm grateful for.)
I found out I'm gonna be a grandma.  (!)
Mel and Pete got married.
Life is really good - despite all the bad stuff that happens along the way.  Even with that, when people die - you can be thankful for the good - the times you shared - what you gave and what you received.   It's all part of the journey...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment