Welcome!

Here I will attempt to keep a journal of things learned - or at least experienced - along the way on this journey called life.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ash Wednesday

I read an article about observing Lent yesterday and it made me want to do it. I thought maybe if I wrote about it, I could actually keep it up for 40 days.

I hope so.

There is a serious lack of discipline in my life. I mean, I pray - but it's always while moving... I have two books on listening to God and have been attempting to just spend time listening and not talking. Meditation! I need it.

Sit down. Shut up. Listen!

Here is the thing I read: http://www.imby.net/easter/

I like the name Bright Sadness.

So for me, it's not going to be so much about giving up something - although I will try to keep to the no meat on Fridays or Ash Wednesday deal - but it's about adding something. Prayer, Meditation, Devotions. One of the books I have - Forgotten God by Francis Chan, has less than 200 pages. 5 pages a day, right? I can do this...

Well, here goes - day 1. Wish me luck - or discipline...

~t.

No comments:

Post a Comment